The NESHL is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established in 2005 as a means for regional Sled Hockey teams to engage in competitive, sportsmanlike hockey. We are the first-ever organized, multi-state, adult sled hockey league in the United States with Teams and Athletes coming from Maine to Maryland. Our season kicks off in September continuing through March of the following year. At all our events we continuously look to solicit new players and to further the awareness of Sled Hockey, and people with disabilities. read more
The mission statement of the NESHL is "to provide an environment where individuals, with and without disabilities, can develop as athletes, leaders, and community members through a competitive Sled Hockey league that emphasizes commitment, discipline, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- To provide a fun, competitive, Sled Hockey League for individuals with mobility impairment.
- To assist in the development of players for local, regional, and National level teams.
- To increase the awareness of Sled Hockey through on-ice and off-ice presentations.
- To assist with individuals’ independence and return to work/life.
- To build life skills--teamwork, responsibility, commitment.
- To promote "positive shared experiences" amongst family and friends.
- To provide an opportunity for corporate sponsorship through value-exchange partnerships.
Our Sled Hockey athletes are both male and female, ages 10 to 60 yrs old. Most of our athletes have some type of mobility impairment and are of many ethnic backgrounds. Approximately 20% of our athletes are disabled Veterans. Our athletes, families, and volunteers come from a wide geographic range covering the states of PA, NJ, NY, CT, VT, NH, MA, ME, and MD. We are also proud to have many of our athletes play on the Men's and Women's USA Sled Hockey Teams representing our country at International events.